OneTravel.com

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Travel Plans

It wasn't long before Mike and I were on the phone discussing his travel plans. He had booked the Thursday flight. I could barely believe it; after 28 years, Mike was coming back into my life. To say I was excited would be quite the understatement. My mind was racing with all the things I had to do before his arrival in less than 3 weeks - redecorate my house, get a face lift, a tummy tuck and a tan, lose 20 pounds! Well, back to reality - I could at least clean up my house and maybe, with a lot of effort, drop 2 or 3 pounds. But mostly, I needed to get a grip. I remembered the huge crush I had on Mike in high school and I wondered how I would feel seeing him again after all these years.

Paul, who by now knew that Mike and I were planning a get together, sent me pictures from the reunion. I anxiously scanned through all of them until I saw him. He was as gorgeous as I remembered. He epitomized the belief that men get more handsome and distinguished as they age. Now that I knew how little he had changed I started to fret over what he would think of me. My brain still thought I was 17 but my body belied the years. Well, no time for concern, I was getting more and more anxious to see him.

No comments: