OneTravel.com

Monday, January 15, 2007

Share Your Stories

I'm going to take a break from my story today to do something a little different. I'd like to invite everyone to share with me and the other readers, their own stories of their long distance relationships. I'd like to start posting other stories and ideas on how to maintain and cope with LDRs. My goal is have this be a comprehensive resource for the over 10,000,000 couples (that's right, 10,000,000) who live in this crazy LDR world.

I've found that writing our story has had some unexpected benefits as well. It makes me feel closer to Mike, I get to relive all the incredible moments and experience the same emotions I did when they first occurred, and it reminds me why I love him so much and how worth-it it is to keep going. And perhaps equally valuable, our story may help others have hope and insight into overcoming the challenges of long distance love.

For me, music has made a big difference in my ability to cope with the long spans of separation. A classic tune like Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers, which Mike and I have danced to more than once, whisks me right into his arms. Remember that tear-jerking scene in the movie Ghost? Well, it's a lot like that. Only, lucky for me, I know I will really be in Mike's arms again. In that light, I have created two stores dedicated to LDRs, love, and romance. One, The LDR Store, is primarily for books, magazines, movies, and cell phones. After all, communication is key! The other is music - Romantic Music and Love Songs, many of which speak about long distance love.

So, do yourself and perhaps the other 20 million of us a favor and share your stories, your tips and anything else that comes to mind. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: