OneTravel.com

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Would He Change His Mind?

After spending the day listening to love songs, smiling, crying and aching for Mike's presence, I decided to call Paul and fill him in on the weekend. He was not the least bit surprised to hear that I was madly in love. Paul is a man of few words yet strong convictions. Unbeknownst to me, he had been campaigning on my behalf for years. He said he had known all along, since those college days in fact, that Mike and I belonged together. He decided to take advantage of their extended time together at the reunion to revisit and really press the issue. I couldn't thank him enough for his persistence. Mike and I had agreed over the weekend that we really owed Paul.

But now on the phone, my insecurities were poking me in the ribs. "Do you think Mike feels the same way I do?" I asked. "I mean, the weekend was incredible, but maybe he's changed his mind. After all, the long distance thing is crazy. Isn't it?"

Paul just chuckled. "I've already spoken to Mike and he sounds exactly like you - madly in love, yet fearful that you don't feel the same way. You two are a case."

"It's just so hard to believe. It seems unreal. Me... in love... and with Mike of all people. Who'da ever thought?"

When we hung up, I was reassured that all was well.

Over the next several days, Mike and I wrote emails and spoke on the phone and by Wednesday he had booked his next trip to Dallas. He would return on December 8th. I began counting the hours - literally!

No comments: