OneTravel.com

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Getting Closer

The days went by and Mike and I continued to email each other. We had several nice phone conversations as well. As November 3rd approached, my excitement level increased to such a degree that I swear, I really was a giddy little school girl once again. Although I kept telling myself not to have expectations, I hate to admit that I was fantasizing about the possiblities. Then I reminded myself that he lived in Denver and I lived in Dallas. There was no way either one of us was interested in a long distance relationship. Well, at least I could have a nice long fantasy weekend, pretending that I was actually dating someone. After all, I hadn't really dated since my divorce 6 years earlier. In fact, I was resigned to spending the rest of my years as a single woman and that was just fine with me. Love was highly over-rated and romanticized. In my opinion, there was really no such thing as love anyway, at least not in the sense of a man and a woman. That thing we so eagerly called love was just a need to have another person make us feel good about ourselves.

My emotional whiplash was exhausting so I finally decided to just be casual and let whatever would happen, happen. You'll laugh when you hear how it actually turned out. Talk about naive!

No comments: