OneTravel.com

Monday, January 8, 2007

Getting Comfortable

We held hands in the car all the way back to my house. I could barely concentrate on driving. I hadn't had time to clean my garage (I have to admit it was a true disaster) so I parked in the front drive. My daughter was outside cleaning her car. Many people have commented how much my daughter and I look alike. What they don't know is that she looks incredibly like I did at her age. Mike took one look at her and said, "She looks just like you!"

"At least the me you remember," I laughed. "She's the same age I was when you and I met."

The three of us went out for dinner and Mike was remarkably attentive, not only to me, but to Darcie as well. He made sure our drinks were replenished and that we had gotten enough to eat. I know this sounds trivial, but to Darcie and me it was huge. It had just been the 2 of us fending for ourselves for so long that we were unused to being pampered. I was becoming more and more smitten with each passing moment. I tried to tell myself to get a grip but myself wasn't listening.

We went back to the house and changed into comfy clothes - shorts and T-shirts despite it being November. Mike sat in an overstuffed chair and was working on a Sudoku puzzle while I sat on the ottoman and looked over his shoulder. I had never done Sudoku so I asked him to teach me. Being so close to him made me tingle with excitement. Keep in mind I had been alone for 6 years. It should also be revealed at this point that I am Italian and very touchy/feely. I couldn't keep from touching Mike - his arm, his shoulder, his hair. I asked if he minded the fact that I couldn't keep my hands off of him and he laughed and said no, he didn't mind at all. In fact, he was enjoying it. He had been alone for a few years himself.

The sexual tension was building to a palpable level when Darcie finally went to bed.

No comments: