OneTravel.com

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Confirmed

It was a few hours later on Wednesday that I received the following email with a Subject line: Confirmed.

Hi Baby,

Well, I just took the plunge for our next weekend together. Call me and we can discuss.

Love,
Mike


Since our phone calls typically lasted over an hour, the plan we had worked out was for me to call Mike's house after 9:00 PM Central time. I would call from my cell phone so the call was free. I know it seems silly but it was a challenge to wait for the clock to strike 9:00. At 9:00:03 I dialed my phone and heard Mike's very sexy voice. "Hi baby, when are you coming back?" I asked immediately.

He laughed in that way that warmed me all over. "How does December 8th sound?"

"Far away, but I'll take it. I can't wait to see you again. I can't believe how hard this is. Can we really manage a long distance relationship? How will I survive until I see you again?"

"Hold on," he chuckled. "We'll do this one day at a time. If we want it bad enough, we can make it work. I'm not disregarding all the challenges we have ahead of us, some of which we have yet to discover, but together, we can overcome any obstacle. I'm very confident about that!"

His words reassured me but I also felt like my body would burst. I literally ached to feel his arms around me again. I wanted nothing more than to be curled up next to him with my head on his chest. Missing him was visceral. I wish I shared his confidence but the truth was, I felt like I might explode with the need to be near him again. Like a prisoner might do while waiting to be released, I figured out how many hours it would be before Mike's arrival and I started the countdown.

No comments: