OneTravel.com

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Social Networking

Mike left on Tuesday and I'm struggling with the separation... again. I had hoped things would get easier as I got used to the distance. After all, we've been doing this for nearly 3 years. In some ways they have gotten a little better. For instance, I've learned not to start crying the day before the visit ends. Rather, I try to enjoy every precious moment and save my tears for the hug goodbye at the airport.

On the other hand, it's harder for me to get back to my "normal" routine after a visit. I find myself questioning why we can't just be in the same place... together... for the rest of our days. Of course, the answers are still the same and the same frustrations rush over me like a giant wave and I feel like I'm drowning in sadness. It will be more than a year at least before we can consider moves.

I'm always looking for new ways to cope with the anxiety. Along those lines, I discovered a new social network called Ning and I decided to create a network for long distance relationships. It can be found at longdistancelove.ning.com. Hop on over and check it out. Join in and share with others who are dealing with the same issues as you. Sign up is free!

No comments: