OneTravel.com

Monday, September 1, 2008

Another Summer Ends

I can't believe another summer has slipped away. If I haven't mentioned this before, summer is my favorite time of year. I love it for so many reasons. When my kid's were young and I was a stay-at-home mom, it was the time of fun and leisure. Washing uniforms, packing lunches, and rushing to practices and activities was replaced by fun days at the park and trips to the library for summer reading. Every summer we would travel to Florida for adventures with the grandparents and sunny days on the beach. For my taste, summer just can't be beat. Even though my kids are grown, I still love the summer and I'm always sad to see it end.

You may be wondering what this has to do with a long-distance relationship and the answer is - nothing really. It just has to do with where my head is right now as the calendar ushers in another Fall.

My personal challenge now is to change gears and appreciate all the positive things the Fall has to offer. Football season leaps to mind. In fact, today, Mike is attending the draft for his Fantasy Football team. I really wish I could be there with him but it's not to be. I'm hoping to go to Denver some time this season to help him host a Monday night game though. I'll keep you posted on that.

Enjoy your holiday today. Until next time!

No comments: