OneTravel.com

Monday, May 4, 2009

Another Milestone

Yesterday was another milestone in The LDR Adventure of Mike and Ann. It was our 3.5 year mark. I find that so incredible. Not the fact that we've lasted three and a half years together, just that that much time has passed since we hopped on this crazy ride.

I remember when we first began this relationship, I thought my heart would break every time we had to part. I counted the weeks, days, and minutes until our next visit. I truly didn't know how long I could go on feeling that way.

I'm happy to say, that the separations have become easier to deal with. You might be thinking that it's because our love is fading. Not true! Our love is as strong and deep as ever. I would even say it's stronger than it was in the beginning because of all we have had to face to make this thing work. And that's the same reason that it's gotten easier to tolerate. We know without question that we are there for each other and we have the confidence that we can deal with anything that comes our way. And trust me, there have been BIG hurdles tossed in our path.

We still speak with each other every day and we still appreciate each other. We still treat each other with respect. We still want more for each other than we do for ourselves. These are some of the keys to a successful long-distance relationship (and any relationship, for that matter).

So for those of you who may be just starting out, take heart. I know how much it can ache to be apart. But remember, each passing day brings you closer together and it really does get easier.

1 comment:

lili said...

...each passing day brings you closer together and it really does get easier....The valuable secret:)