OneTravel.com

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Embrace The Quality Time

I had a conversation with a friend last Sunday. She's divorced and has 2 young daughters. She's dating a man who is also divorced with 2 young daughters. We were discussing our relationships and all the challenges we face and ironically, she reminded me of one of the major benefits of being in a long-distance relationship.

She and her SO actually work together and see each other nearly every day. At first glance, I would be extremely envious of that. But then she said that despite that, they never really have any time together. Their lives are a balancing act of children, work, ex's...

For Mike and I, our time together is almost exclusively devoted to each other. Yes, we often have obligations that require our time, but for the most part, we participate together. Even when he comes for one of my shows and I'm busy for most of the day, we have dinner together and I know he's in the audience which lifts my performance to a higher level.

So actually, the four or five days a month that Mike and I spend together offer us more time than a lot of people have in proximal relationships. I'm guessing if you took a good look at your own LDR you would find the same thing is true.

So embrace your time together and be sure to make every moment count!

For more helpful tips, be sure to sign up for my free mini eBook 7 Tips for Embracing the Positives of a Long-Distance Relationship at alongdistancelove.com.

No comments: