OneTravel.com

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Remembering Our Veterans

This is not just any Saturday. There are several things about this day that make it different from most. For instance, today is my little baby girl's birthday. You mom's know how it is, she'll always be my baby even though today, she turns 20!

And today, this weekend actually, Mike is golfing in a tournament. I'm so glad he 's getting some time to relax and have some fun. But it's strange not being able to talk to him. And when the Nuggets play the Lakers tonight, we won't be watching the game together.

But mostly what makes this day stand out, is the meaning of this weekend. This is a weekend to remember and give thanks to our veterans - the brave men and women who fight for us and our way of life. Those of us in long-distance relationships know the heartache of being separated from the one we love. I can't imagine the anguish of having my love in the military. Whenever I start feeling sorry for myself because Mike and I aren't together, I'll remember how blessed and fortunate I am that I get to see him, hold him, smell him, and wrap myself in his arms once a month.

To all you veterans - THANK YOU, bless you, and to our current troops, may God bring you safely home.

No comments: