OneTravel.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

Nights in Rodanthe

I'm back from Denver and although I have a very busy week ahead of me, I'm still struggling with being away from Mike again.

Typically, we don't go to movies when we're together. To some extent it feels like a waste of our very precious "in-person" time. In fact, we have only been to 2 movies in nearly 3 years. That's not to say we don't watch movies. We just prefer to rent them and watch from home where we can be snuggled up together and chat if we want, pause if we want, you know... all the stuff that makes DVD technology so great.

Well, for our third anniversary (I can't believe we've been doing this for 3 years!) my sweet Mike has rented us a condo in Destin, Florida for an entire week (more on this later). How glorious is that! So anyway, I was in the mood for a romantic chick flick with a beach setting and Nights in Rodanthe seemed to fit the bill. I had no idea at the time that it involved a long-distance relationship. I don't want to give away the plot but suffice it to say that although I enjoyed the beach scenery, the movie was disheartening and tugs particularly hard at the heartstrings of those of us in LDRs.

I'm not suggesting you don't see it, I'm just telling you to be prepared and don't allow your emotions to be over-whelmed with "what-ifs".

No comments: