OneTravel.com

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Playing House in Denver

I can't believe how long it's been since I've written a post. I am just way too busy right now. So this is just to let everyone know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Actually, I'm in Denver with my sweetie.

I came out to help Mike host his annual Fantasy Football League Monday Night Game. Denver played the Patriots (or should I say, got creamed by the Patriots). I made meatball sandwiches, baked rotini, pumpkin pie cake and mini cheesecakes. Despite the horrible game (for the Denver fans), the food was a big hit and it was fun "playing house" with Mike. What made it extra special was my son came out, too. He had never been to Mike's house and it was good for him to see where his mom lives the other half of her life.

This is kind of a long visit for me. I arrived last Friday and will be staying until Saturday or Sunday. I'd stay longer but I have obligations in Dallas that require my return. Happily, I will only be home a week before I leave for our anniversary trip to Destin, Florida. Three years! Unbelievable! I never thought I could do this LDR thing this long. But when you're in love...

No comments: