OneTravel.com

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's The Next Best Thing To Being There

Football season is fast approaching and although the summer is my favorite time of year, there is lots to look forward to. Mike and I love to spend Sunday afternoons and Monday nights watching football together. You may be wondering how we pull that off. Well, all I can say is thank you technology and especially thank you Sprint. We actually watch games while we're talking on our cell phones. Since we're on the same network we talk for free (and boy, do we take advantage of that!) so it's a no-cost date.

The only problem is, 99% of the time, the broadcast I see is about 5-7 seconds ahead of Mike's. It takes great restraint on my part to not react and give away the outcomes of plays he has not yet seen. But it's well worth the effort to feel like we're together. Remember that commercial long ago that said - "it's the next best thing to being there"? Well, it's true and it's definitely one of the main ways Mike and I stay connected.

Mike also participates in a Fantasy Football league so we get on Yahoo's StatTracker together and it' s a lot of fun to cheer for his team each week. But beware, it can border on addicting! Tonight he's going to meet with his league so they can pull their order for their upcoming draft. He knows I'm there in spirit and I'm pulling for him to get an early pick.

No comments: