OneTravel.com

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

And So Began My Long Distance Love

It's been a little over a year now since that evening in October of 2005 when I opened my email to find the following:

Hey Stranger,

This is a blast from the past. Paul and I had a great time at our reunion, and when I requested that the DJ play "Feelings" by Barry Manilow in honor of Paul, my thoughts fell back to you.

We were reminiscing about what a special friend you were to both of us, and so I thought I'd send you a note. I know Paul has already insisted that he be your date to your 30th reunion next year, so I know that I'm out of the running for that.

But I hope you're doing well. I've thought of you often through the years, and wish only the best for you.

Would love to hear from you.

Take care,
Mike



Despite the rapid beating of my heart and the excitement that flowed through me like electric current through a wire, I quickly tapped out a reply.

Hi Mike,

So great to hear from you. You can’t imagine how much I wanted to go to your reunion. I would LOVE to see you!

My son just got his first apartment at school and it makes me think of my own apartment way back when. Do you remember the fun we used to have there? I miss those days.

Why don’t you come to Dallas to see me? The weather is just starting to cool off so it’s not unbearably hot. We could go to the high school football game – my daughter’s in the band. It could be great fun!!!!!!

Call me. 972.555.7426 home; 214.555.8763 cell.

Miss ya,
AC

P.S. you’re never out of the running. ;>)


Little did I know that I was about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike sounds really HOT!! Let us know if things don't work out.