OneTravel.com

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The LDR Dilemma - Here or There

I swear I don't know where the time goes. I can't believe I haven't written a post since Thanksgiving! And yet, the time apart from Mike seems to drag.

For a quick catch up, Mike came for a visit last weekend. My chorus had a holiday show on the 13th and he came for that. It was great having him in the audience but unfortunately, it meant we didn't get to spend much time together. The show went very well - our best ever, in fact.

Now I'm facing that ever-challenging dilemma that plagues long-distance relationships. This time it has to do with New Year's. My daughter's home for Christmas break and will be here until January 10th and of course, I want to spend as much time with her as possible. I also want to spend New Year's with Mike. Being torn between 2 locations is, for me, the most heart-wrenching part of our LDR. I know we will eventually have to make some decisions but every time I think about it, it makes my stomach hurt.

So I think I will end up going to Denver around the 30th and coming back on the 4th. At least we will get to bring in the New Year together even though I will miss some of Mike's family holiday events the previous weekend. If only I had that Star Trek transporter in my garage!

No comments: