OneTravel.com

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Paradise Lost

Boo hoo. I'm back from Paradise - an amazing week of sunsets, long walks on the beach, breakfasts on the balcony, incredible seafood and even a sunrise (I'm not a morning person!). And all with the love of my life. It was the perfect anniversary trip. We're already trying to figure out when we can go back. And hopefully you'll forgive me for not posting like I said I would. The time flew by, so my apologies.

After spending such a wonderful week together it's harder than ever to be away from my sweet Mike. That's the hazard to glorious visits. You realize more than ever, how much you miss each other during the separations.

Now, I make it a point to emphasize the positive aspects of long-distance relationships. It's one of my main coping mechanisms. In fact, I even wrote a free report that's available on my website A Long Distance Love. If you have a moment please check it out. I think I need to go back and reread it to remind myself because I have to admit I'm feeling pretty melancholy right now.

Adding to my funk, is the fact that we have not planned our next visit. A big no-no in the LDR rule book. But with the holidays approaching and the increasing demands on our time (my rehearsal and performance schedule keeps me VERY busy during this time of year as does Mike's job) it's difficult to coordinate a time when we can eke out a long weekend. After 3 years of carrying on this crazy long-distance relationship thing, I have faith that something will work out. There was a time when I couldn't be so calm. Thankfully, I'm handling this, even though it's the first time in the relationship that we don't have a "next visit" to anticipate.

I really would love to get input from all of you about how you cope with post-visit anxiety. All of us in LDRs can use all the coping skills we can get - especially as the holidays loom ever closer.

No comments: