OneTravel.com

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Couple Who Wrote Letters During WWII Celebrate 60th Anniversary | The Frisky

Couple Who Wrote Letters During WWII Celebrate 60th Anniversary The Frisky

Ok, I go months without writing and then write two posts in one day. I had already written my post when I came across this article and couldn't resist sharing it. Besides, it kind of shares today's theme of separation.

Although long-distance relationships are admittedly tough, we are so blessed to live in the technological age of communication that we do. I came home the other night to find my daughter and one of her friends on a laptop using Skype to talk to their friend who is studying for a semester in Australia. The lag time was an annoyance (about 5 seconds) but they could see each other while they talked - and it's free!

How many of us could have survived the challenges faced by Pat and Geoff Bunyan in this article? My hat is off to them and I wish them many more happy years together.

No comments: